Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 boneless chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
chopped parsley (garnish)
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 Tablespoons Mayonaise
1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If stuffing, slice chicken breast almost in half horizontally.
- Combine cream cheese, grated cheese, mayonaise and garlic and spoon mixture into each breast.
- Wrap chicken in bacon.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together maple syrup and dijon mustard; whisk until well combined.
- Brush each chicken breast with maple syrup glaze.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Brush/baste with the juices couple of times during baking. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- If the bacon is not fully caramelized after cooking, place the baking dish under the broiler for 2 minutes to finish it off.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon juices over chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: Instead of wrapping chicken breasts in the bacon, we find it nicer to just drape the bacon over the top and sides as the bacon underneath does not caramelize.